|Friday, April 4th -Contra Dance Fundraiser for School Library in Nicaragua 7:30 p.m. at Stewart Commons, UM, Orono
Saturday, April 5th - Daylight Savings Time – “Spring” ahead 1 hour Saturday Night.
Monday, April 7th - Sarah Kennedy – Elementary / Middle School Presentation on Building a school library in Nicaragua. At 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 8th - Maple Sugaring Field Trip to UM Forest (Joanne’s Extended Day students). 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 8th – Elementary / Middle School Parent’s Meeting concerning next year. 6:30 p.m. at the Elementary Site.
Wednesday, April 9th – After School Chess at Elementary site 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 9th - OPEN HOUSE – Primary location. 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 10th - Environmental Club at UM Page Farm. 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 11th – SMS Environmental Club Exhibit at Bangor Flower Show
(Time & Details TBA)
Monday, April 14th – Dutch Interns, Linda Smolenaers and Manon Ronken
And Japanese intern, Kazuko Igarashi all start at SMS
Tuesday, April 15th – Annual Field Trip to Wittier Farm for All Primary Students
Wednesday, April 16th – After School Chess at Elementary site 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 17th – Environmental Club 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, April 18th – All-School Spring Celebration at Elementary site in a.m.
Half Day of School with Student pick-up at 11:30 a.m
Saturday, April 19th - Picture Framing Fundraiser from 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Scholarship Contra Dance and Auction 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.“Marsh Island Band” at Keith Anderson Community Center,Orono
Monday, April 21 to Friday, April 25th – Spring Vacation Child-Care Available at Primary Location. Please Sign up for this care in advance.
Monday, April 28th School Resumes
- Dutch Mill Bulb Orders are Due Friday, April 18th. Plan your garden now!
- Spring Half Day Party on Friday, April 18th – Please Sign-up to Help Out!
- Nicaragua school Library needs your book orders by April 11th. Please send your orders in!
- SMS Summer Day Camp Program for 7 weeks. Planning is underway with each week having a theme. Limited to 15 students. Watch for Sign-Up.
- Primary Classes: Both are studying South America and the Rainforest. Special Visitors include: Grace (Becky’s mom) from Argentina, Maria and Dan (Andy’s dad and mom) from Peru.
The focus will be on the Farm and Spring celebrations for the next two weeks. We are hatching eggs, so chicks are coming too! Lots of excitement!
- Lower Elementary: Studying Modern Dance. The students are doing movements to follow the music. The idea is to tell a story with dance. The dance will then be presented to parents and the nearby nursing home. We have 2 new students to welcome: Mackenzie Dunning and Sierra Dickinson.
- Upper Elementary & Middle School: Deborah Perkinswill give a presentation on her research on arctic birds on Monday, April 7th at 10:00 a.m. A member of the UM Antarctic research team will give a presentation on Antarctica with “hands-on” activities on April 16th.