|PARENTS, Please note the following:
SMS PARENTS NEWS FLYER ≠ November 23, 2003
1. The Harvest Feast is Tuesday, Nov. 25th at the Elementary location for
ALL students. Parent volunteers are welcome to help with the feast.
Student pick-up time is at 11:30 a.m., which will start Thanksgiving Break.
School will resume Monday, Dec. 1st.
2. Childrenís Chorus News: Parents, Monday, November 24th @ 3:15pm will
be our first Children's Chorus Meeting at the elementary. The Chorus is
open to the public at no charge to the families. There are sign-up sheets at
both locations, please leave your name and number and I will be contacting
everyone with information. If you are aware of families that would be
interested in attending our chorus please leave their name and number on our sign-up sheet, bring them to our next meeting or feel free to have them call the school for more information. Rehearsals are once a week, every Monday
from 3:15pm - 4:30pm. There are sign-up sheets located at both locations.
Thank You for your time and attention. Sincerely, Shauna StrattonMeier,
3. Starting Dec.1st the new units at the Primary will be Europe and Holidays
Around the World. If any parent would like to share their family
traditions with us, please let the staff know.
4. FYI: Friday, Dec. 5th will be Sarah Gordonís last day student teaching
in Joanneís classroom. We will miss her and wish her well as a future
5. On Dec. 7th, The Nutcracker Pre-Performance Party at 2 p.m. at the Page
Farm Museum This is for those that signed up for tickets for the 3 p.m.
performance at the MCA.
6. Parent Conference Schedule. Please sign-up on the school bulletin board
for a conference time. Also please fill out and submit a parent conference
Primary 1, Joanneís Class ≠ Monday, Dec. 15th
Primary 2, Marionís Class ≠ Thursday. Dec. 11th
Lower Elementary, Alís Class ≠ Friday, Dec. 12th
Upper Elementary, Ireneís Class ≠ Friday, Dec. 5th
7. The Holiday Performance by SMS Primary and Elementary Students ≠
Wednesday, Dec. 10th at 6:30 p.m. at the Anderson Community Center, Orono.
Please be there by 6:15 p.m. so we can start on time. There will be a
violin recital included and the art portfolios will be on display.
8. School Holiday Celebration ≠ Friday, Dec. 19th at the Elementary.
Student Pick-up at 11:30 a.m. at which time the Holiday break begins.
9. Monday, January 5th 2004, school resumes. Another New Year!
10. Al Duplessisís wife (Laura) who has been ill has her own website for
messages, etc. It is: www.caringbridge.org/me/laura
11. FYI: Our Japanese intern, Kazuko will start her next teaching internship
in Springfield, Illinois on January 5th. Her last day with us will be Dec.
19th. We will all miss her!