|Dear SMS Parents,
Our school year end is rapidly approaching!!! The SMS last day is next
Thursday, June 9th, at the Elementary location with our annual end of year
celebration. Student pick up is 11:30 a.m. but please come a little early
and join us for an ice cream social.
Latest SCHOOL NEWS:
1. Special SMS Parent Meeting on Charter Schools 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 5th at Holy Family Parish(Please come and learn more!) More Info on school bulletin boards)
2. Primary Bike Day on Monday, June 6th in the morning Please bring bike, trike, etc. for this day (Voluntary Fundraiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital - see bulletin board)
3. Culture Fest (Upper Elementary)
Monday, June 6th at 4:30 p.m. at Holy Family Parish All are welcome is see the students work on Asian countries
4. Elementary Field Trip to Leonard's Mills on Thursday, June 2nd
from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
5. Picnic at Old Town Park for Joanne's Afternoon students with Indian
Island students 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, June 7th.
6. Summer Programs for SMS Students (all ages). Please sign up right
away if you are interested in participating in the SMS summer camp weeks with Al Duplessis.
June 27th to July 1st - (Dinosaurs)
July 18th to 22nd - (Maine Forests)
(Programs are held at the Primary location)
7. Special Summer Program "Passport to the World" with Joanne Alex will be held July 11th to 15th for students, 1st to 6th grade. It is not too late
to sign up for this. Program will be held at the UM Page Farm Museum. See Joanne if interested.
Stillwater Montessori School is finishing up its enrollment process. We
are excited to have many new students joining our returning students at all
levels next year. As of now, all SMS staff plan on returning next year.
The exception is Marci Buschner, Al's part-time assistant teacher, who is
returning to school full-time next year and will no longer be able to work.
The school will therefore be advertising for an assistant teacher for the
lower elementary. Sorry to see Marci leave, as she was an excellent addition
to the SMS elementary staff.
Thanks for the wonderful support that the parents have given to the school
this year. There have been so many excellent family events all year. (i.e.
suppers, pool parties, scholarship auction and dance, etc.) You, the
parents really do help to make this a wonderful school and learning
environment for your children. Thanks for another successful year.
Sincerely, Joe Alex, Director and Joanne Alex, Educational Director